- $89,000 is the 2019 mean loss of commercial water damage claims.
- A drip at the rate of one per second will waste over 3,000 gallons per year.
- One leaking toilet can account for 3 to 5 gallons of water lost each MINUTE.
- Water damage claims are more than 50% of all commercial real estate insurance claims.
- Toilets are the major internal cause of water losses in commercial buildings.
- Of all money awarded for insurance claims 75% comes from water damage.
- On average, water damage costs 3 times as much as a claim that does not involve water damage.
- Insurance companies quote that there are over 300 daily leaks in US commercial buildings.
- Some insurance companies offer discounts to commercial policy holders that install a water leak detection system.
- According to The American Insurance Association, water leaks result in property losses amounting to over $10 billion annually.