Trident™ — How it Works
Real-time, Rapid, Reliable Notiﬁcation
Now more than ever, building managers are turning to sensors and the cloud to provide remote information on their properties. Trident can watch hundreds of locations within a single building and provide you with the peace of mind that you are protected.
Even when the power to your building shuts down, Trident has its own redundant power source to ensure priority alerts are sent by SMS, phone, and email so the right people are contacted, right away — no matter when or where a water leak is detected.
When maintenance staff is off duty or on vacation, Trident will automatically change the notiﬁcation so whoever’s on call gets the message.
Unobtrusive. Wireless. Reliable.
Trident’s water leak detection equipment can be discreetly placed anywhere throughout a building to provide complete coverage in virtually any ﬂoor plan. Retroﬁt existing buildings or install during new construction. Detectors provide:
- Audible alarm and wireless alerts
- Manual override and timed reset
- 5+ year battery life (2 CR123 Lithium Ion Batteries)
- Reports when battery life is low to ensure continuous operation
Remote Management via Trident Platform
Maintain, update and monitor the status of your system with our secure Trident Platform. Designated staff can view the system from home or ofﬁce:
- View status of every device in the system
- Configure alarm procedures
- Record date and time of leak event
- Document alarm response
- Access and create custom reports
Leak sensing ﬂex cable
Sometimes you need more than a point sensor to protect a larger area of your building and protect critical or hard-to-reach areas. The Trident water leak-sensing cable detects water anywhere along its length for area or perimeter coverage. Applications include:
- Penetrate walls in chase areas
- Surround air handlers, chillers and water heaters
- Lay across pans and sub-ﬂoors
- Extend under refrigerators and dishwashers
- Monitor subfloor areas that you can’t see
Automatic shutoffs protect high value assets
Even round-the-clock facilities staff cannot be everywhere at once, so if there’s a leak, time is the enemy — not just the water. If you’ve opted for the Trident valve controller and valve system sensors, they’ll automatically and instantaneously shut off the water.
You can deﬁne a water leak exclusion zone of any size with one, two or many sensors by installing a valve on water lines near:
- Tenant pantry areas
- Limited access areas
- Archival storage
- Irreplaceable items
- Mission critical areas (server centers, elevator pits)
- High voltage equipment
Trident valve controllers are continuously powered with battery backup redundancy and are connected to the platform just like Trident’s wireless sensors. And you can define rules that trigger automatic valve closure.