Be part of the Internet of Things revolution! The Detection Group is an emerging growth company based in Silicon Valley, CA looking to grow sales and revenues quickly. With a list of flagship customers who have been using our building monitoring system for many years, The Detection Group is seeking a bright, motivated and driven salesperson who can drive sales in the Chicago/NY/Boston/NY/Boston Area. The successful candidate will be located preferably in Chicago/NY/Boston proper or within commuting distance.
General Summary: This position is the primary interface in the Chicago/NY/Boston between TDG and its customers. The main objective is to build on the emerging base of customers and grow it rapidly by making in person and over the phone sales calls with commercial building prospects for the company’s wireless water leak detection and monitoring products and services. Introduce and evangelize TDG system and leak detection for multi-story commercial and multi-family residential properties. Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of the territory. Identify objectives, strategies and action plans to rapidly grow short- and long-term sales. Identify and recruit related companies that can assist in the sales or installation process.
• Find new customers and prospects by networking, attending industry events, and direct building visits.
• Set appointments and visit customers to introduce TDG and persuade them
to purchase our system and service.
• Present the company and application to small and large industry groups to create demand
• Establish sales goals and meet quota for the company in the region.
• Manage the Chicago/NY/Boston Region with a primary focus on the city proper to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Perform sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with Company management.
• Educate customers and key influencers through planning and delivering seminars and group meetings on the benefits of water leak detection and the TDG System
• Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
• Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth across the region.
• Provide quarterly results assessments of sales progress.
• Coordinate proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
• Provide key input to National sales and marketing strategies.
• Provide feedback to Marketing regarding competitive offerings, both established and new, with pricing and features/benefits where available.
• Collaborate with Marketing Department to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
• Report directly to Executive Vice-President of Sales
A university degree in marketing or business studies or other major is required; a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience selling water leak detection, building monitoring or real estate services. MBA a plus.
Knowledge of commercial or multifamily real estate industry and professional contacts in the region essential.
Proven ability to sell at multiple levels within an organization, from Vice President to Chief Engineer. Comfortable pitching to building engineer or Vice President Operations.
Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and
market trend information.
Proven ability to motivate and lead distributor and rep organizations. Experience in developing regional marketing and sales strategies a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems is required. Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.