We are looking for someone who is an expert in UI design, UX design, and front-end development to join our growing company. You will be a natural at understanding human-computer interaction design (HCID), in coming up with elegant solutions to improve our platform, and in developing on the LAMP stack. You will have experience with developing RESTful style API’s and webhooks. In addition to the above, an understanding of MQTT and Apache Spark integrations to ingest stream data and display within our management platform. The ideal candidate will be able to both understand front-end development and be able to dynamically integrate with our back-end dB driven application. Essentially this is a full-stack developer with an emphasis on web development. The UI/UX application developer will work closely with the SR. Application Developer and report directly to the VP of Engineering and Architecture.
– Conduct research and deconstruct our users’ digital interactions and habits.
– Develop and design UI and UX strategies based on our target goals.
– Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary.
– Strong understanding of security models to ensure best practices.
– Perform regular audits and vulnerability scans (OWASP)
– Problem Solving/Analysis
– Technical Capacity
– Communication Proficiency
– Time Management
Required Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in in appropriate field of study
– 3+ years’ experience as a front-end developer for responsive web applications.
– 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer.
– Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools.
– Understanding of MVC design patterns.
– Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices.
– Expert understanding and knowledge of LAMP Stack development.
– High level understanding and knowledge of SQL query language.
– A history of deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for users, showcased in the form of blog posts, articles, screencasts, etc.
– Proficiency using Git version control.
– Proficiency using the command line.
– Proficiency in Apache ECharts™ and Apache Spark
– Proficiency in developing API’s.
– Proficiency in MQTT development.